Monday, April 5, 2010

My Daughter

My daughter has passed away with all my other children; rising up from the underground which we call Earth to the heavens. In a way I do not know what I feel, for I am mad that she was married to Romeo, once a dreaded Capulet, but I am sad she has died. So now all I can do is feel sarrow and pain that I did not listen, which I should have. Why did I not listen? Now I know and though it is too late, I can just pray that life between the Montagues and Capulets will be better, the friendship between us will last and I know Juliet would have wanted that, for everyones sake. I wish I could turn back time and if I had known what I know now I would have not yelled at her for not marrying Paris; I simply would have said " okay". If that is I could for see the future of Juliet's death. Juliet, I hope that the after life is better for you, I hope you see I was just trying to be a father, a good one at that, and I hope you know how truly sorry I am, as every time I pass your grave I will know what I have lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment